Funny title? Added "modified" coz copied and modified from Yee Ling's blog . Here is the link to her blog post for the complete and non-lausai recipe http://www.inhouseling.com/2015/08/ling-bakes-no-knead-artisan-bread.html.
Not long ago, Mommy Ling posted her No-Knead Artisan Bread recipe online. Hmmm.....and not long ago Papa pulak started to hint about making
cibaitah cibata (how to pronounce ah? Nanti wrong pronunciation , people think I say bad word pulak)... Ciabatta? Chiabatta?
A look see to Mommy Ling's blog...she got a recipe that look like Ciabatta wor...Is it ciabatta? Seems very easy wor. Throw everything in..leave it overnight and then stuff into the oven for about 30 minutes ..kau tim...
Next morning see...ALAMAK! Pop up so high and seems to so sticky geh...doesn't look like any photo in Mommy Ling's blog wor.
Fast-fast message sifu...lucky Sifu fast fast reply say memang is like that oh. Just sumbat into the oven will jadi one.
How to "dust" the bread ah? Pakai hentam again la. Just scoop and throw into the flour la. Roll it around till not sticky then put into the oven lo.
Mamarazzi's agak-agak recipe :-
2 cups of unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon of Edmonds' Sure To Rise Surebake Active Yeast
(expired liao in Feb. That's why put 1/2 teaspoon instead of less. But true to its name leh....sure rise leh)
1 cup of water
Agak-Agak Sprinkle of Chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, rosemary, raisin, walnut...(errrr...what else in the photo ah... Mamarazzi also forgotten liao.You suka wanna taruk what hentam aje la)
- Mix everything in a mixing bowl. Make sure it's big enough coz it will grow double the size from whatever lump in the bowl leh. Don't worry about the salt killing the yeast.
- Add water and mix till sticky dough like you making Pan mee though not till the dough is smooth la. No need to knead mah.
-Use cling wrap and cover the bowl and set aside overnight. Mamarazzi stuff it into the oven coz it's "hotter " there than in the kitchen counter.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. But our oven only have Celsius. So agak agak hentam to 200°C la. Mamarazzi also same like Sifu doesn't have cast iron pot. So just hentam bake cake container la. . Heat for 30minutes.
- While the containers having a sauna in the oven, Mamarazzi start playing with the dough. Scoop and throw into the flour. Tried to make it into a ball but it's just too lembik(soft). No eye see. Just cover it up and wait for the oven to beep la.
- Oven beep. Take out the containers. Put in the dough and cover it with stainless steel plates. Bake for 30minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake some more. At this stage must keep peeking at the bread. If see the surface brown , that means can take out from oven and put onto the cooling rack liao.
Sound simple hor? For the accurate and complete recipe, head over to Mommy Ling's blog la. Oh ya...don't put so much flax seed like Mamarazzi ya.