If you are a follower of this blog, you will know that sometimes I will go crazy eating and eating a certain type of food only. Used to be crazy about chicken rice, that is over now. Same goes for Keoy Teow Soup, Yellow noodles, pizza and etc.
Not long ago, I gila wanna eat Hokkien Mee pulak. Darn it, said Mamarazzi. Our area where got people sell Hokkien Mee la. Wokay la....when she went to market she bought the thick yellow noodles, some cabbage and some fat/lard .
When I want to have hokkien Mee, this is what she cooked up.
Recipe/ Ingredients :
1. thick yellow noodle - portion up to you la. Mamarazzi made just enough for two person
2. 2-3 pips of garlic chopped.
3. Some cabbage
4. Few pieces of thinly slice pork
5. Some fat from the pork.
6. dark sauce
7. pinch of sugar and salt
8. Bit of cornstrach
9. bit of cooking oil
1. Fry the lard till crunchy. Take out and put aside.
2. Using the same oil fry the garlic till fragrant.
3. Dump in the pieces of pork or chicken meat . Fry till half cooked.
4. Add the noodle and the cabbage into the wok
5. Add a bit of water just enough to cover the noodle.
6. pour in the dark sauce, sugar and salt. Let the noodle cook till soft.
7. put a bit of water into the corn starch and pour it into the wok to thicken the gravy.
8. Scoop out the noodles and serve.
Okay la....a lot of "agak-agak"(estimation) involved but still it does looks lie Hokkien mee la. Taste like it too.
Sprinkle the fried lard on to the noodle...wah perfect leh.
Makan till become budak comot.
As usual....follow Mamarazzi's recipe at your own risk ya...