Mamarazzi have been debating whether to make the Water Chestnut Thong Sui for Teacher's Day Celebration or not coz it's cumbersome to bring be it in container or pot.
After reading all the pro and cons comments, Mamarazzi decided, aiyah no need to bring food to school la for Teacher's day Celebration. Just give Teacher's Day Gifts enough la.
After all, she saw that previous years not many bring food too. All buy junk food in bulk and give to teacher; which Cikgu made into party packs for us to bring home.
But then on Friday, Cikgu again remind us to bring our favourite food to share. I fret a bit also la since I scare Cikgu will scold me if I didn't bring any food to share.
There were some leftover candies from the first attempt the week before.
In the first attempt, we've got "Bubbles cookies" instead of lovely Stained Glass cookies.
Puzzling.....why bubble punya eh....Mamarazzi must have opps-ed somewhere again.
Let me taste first...
Hmmm...It's soft and it's hard...
Mamarazzi said I am the funny one...not the cookies. Usually kids would love candies mah but me pulak opposite. Doesn't like the candy part of the cookies.
Papa suggested maybe the candy not supposed to be "cooked" . Just need to melt it.
Bearing this in mind, Mamarazzi made these beauties last Saturday.
Yup! quite perfect.
Mamarazzi modified (yea yea yea what else is new) the recipe a bit coz she didn't have cake flour.
She used :-
50g salted butter
(*reminder to Mamarazzi -BUY BETTER brand of butter. Cheepo brand Papa said got weird smell)
40g icing sugar
juice from 1 slice of lemon(She was lazy to measure )
100g self rising flour
1 tsp of corn flour
FOX Candy ...each piece cut half.
1. Beat butter, icing sugar and lemon juice till fluffy.
2. Sift both flour into the mixture and fold it.
3. Place the dough onto baking sheet. Use rolling pin to roll it till thin about 4mm. Put into freezer while she clean up the used utensils. About 10minutes gua...
4. Took out from freezer and start cut with cookies cutter, The center she used knife to cut. Kinda hard coz have to work fast. Kept have to freeze the dough as it kept bully Mamarazzi. Each 6 cookies...freeze.
5. Preheat the oven to 160C . Bake for 15minutes. Took out and put the candy into the center and bake for another 3minutes or till the candy melted. Once melted , take out before bubbles formed.
She managed to make 26 cookies out of this. And surprisingly my friends sapu finish. Mamarazzi thought they would be like me..may not like to eat the hard center.
I saw Mamarazzi snapping photos I also wanna snap photos la. These "extra" stars are from the extra dough. Mamarazzi said made 26 enough la.
By the way, heard friends said these stars originated from a TVB drama wor. Mamarazzi also don't know coz she doesn't watch Astro. Ask her about books she knows la.
Errr ....as usual..... for the proper recipe, please visit Sonia Nasi Lemak Lover Blog. That one guarantee won't go "Holland".